An exciting opportunity has arisen as Project Engineer, part of the Global Customer Support division at Kongsberg Maritime in Kristinehamn. We are looking for an experienced engineer who has a background within project lead and customer relations. You will have the opportunity to contribute to shape this position since it’s a new defined role within the team.
As Project Engineer you will have the responsibility to manage the process when there’s a need to modify an already delivered product due to product safety and reliability issues. Your assignments are initiated from our product owners and you will have the opportunity to work with our whole product portfolio, such as propeller and shaft line systems, PODs, waterjets and control systems. In this position you will have interface and act as a link between several departments and stake holders within our company, both locally and globally, and our customers. The modification projects could be of a shorter time horizon up to several years and include a single vessel up to a fleetwide upgrade.
- Communicate with all stakeholders to maintain overview of the vessels and modification in scope
- Establish and maintain contact with our customers and their operational crew
- With stakeholders involved, agree detailed planning for modification and delivery of parts and field service attendance
- Keep track of cost and update provisions
In addition to the key responsibilities, you will be involved in other activities such as support in technical questions.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience within project lead and customer relations
- Technical understanding
- High level of English, both written and oral
- Experience in ERP and PDM systems is preferable
You are able to
- Build a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilize it to achieve set goals
- Understand the organization’s informal rules and structures and utilize political processes effectively to get things done
- Use a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Communicate in a clear, precise and structured way
Last day to apply 2022-01-09
For this position we work with personality and ability tests, which may be sent to you if you proceed in the process.
Point of contact
Martin Melin, Head of Technical Support & Engineering
Julia Palmqvist, HR Specialist
Kongsberg Maritime, a subsidiary of KONGSBERG, is a global marine technology company, providing innovative and reliable technology solutions for all marine industry sectors including: merchant, offshore, subsea and naval. Headquartered in Kongsberg, Norway, the company has manufacturing, sales and service facilities in 34 countries. Kongsberg Maritime is part of KONGSBERG, an international, knowledge-based group delivering high-technology systems and solutions to clients within the oil and gas industry, merchant marine, defence and aerospace
Our Global Customer Support division is responsible for Kongsberg Maritimes services, upgrades and support in the aftermarket. Our 2300 employees are present in 34 different countries around the world. During the operational lifetime of more than 30.000 installations, we ensure cost-efficient delivery of services, upgrades and spare parts in order to secure availability and predictability to our customers.